THE ACTON VETERINARY CLINIC IS OPEN AND WE ARE OPERATING UNDER SOME RESTRICTIONS. PLEASE CALL THE CLINIC IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF VETERINARY CARE.
NEW HOURS DURING COVID-19 CRISIS:
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 6 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 2 pm
Sunday 10:00 am - 2 pm
THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING. STAY SAFE!
PLEASE PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING WHEN APPROACHING OUR CLINIC
STAY 2 M. AWAY FROM THE DOOR AND STAFF WILL COME OUT TO HELP YOU
We are open and exercising extreme sanitation and caution, but ask that if you are sick or in self-quarantine please avoid our clinic.
Please read our COVID-19 Precautions below:
As of March 18, 2020, the following precautions will be taken to protect you, our doctors and our staff from the potential spread of the novel Coronavirus COVID-19 while continuing to provide care. These steps will remain in place until the risk of this pandemic has subsided and the supply of personal protective gloves & masks and disinfectants has normalized. For anyone exhibiting flu-like or cold symptoms in the future, these precautions will remain in place. Please do not think us unfriendly if we do not shake your hand as we normally like to do. By avoiding illness, these measures will allow us to continue offering services as long as possible. Clients who wish to implement these safety precautions at any time are welcome to do so, just inform us when you make your appointment.
Before attending the clinic please answer the questions below: Are you experiencing coughing or fever or feel unwell? In the last 14 days have you have been in an airport, traveled outside of Canada or been in contact with anyone who has?
If you answered yes to any of the above please do not enter the clinic, please reschedule your pet’s appointment or have another adult bring your pet to their appointment. If you cannot do either of the above and this is an urgent medical matter, please call us at (519) 853-1450 and we will make arrangements with you to admit your pet from your vehicle.
All appointments will be handled as we currently handle medical drop off appointments.
- No clients will be allowed inside the hospital. We will meet you at the front door or your car to admit or discharge your pet.
- For wellness exams & procedures, please wait in your car while your pet is examined and treated.
- One of our Veterinary Technicians or Assistants will either help communicate the pre-appointment history at your car or on the telephone.
- Please remain available for consultation or additional treatment authorization by telephone.
- For surgeries and extended medical cases, you need not stay. We will call when the procedures are complete to arrange a discharge time.
- All payments will need to be made by credit / debit card on the telephone or online. We will not accept cash during this crisis.
- Physical examination findings will be communicated via telephone, email or printed report cards.
We are working to implement these procedures today.
Please call the clinic if you have any questions.
Due to unnecessary stock piling, all veterinary clinics have been advised to implement a reasonable allocation policy for our clients purchases to help flatten the curve of demand. Our suppliers are backlogged due to the higher volume of orders they have received. At this time there will be delays receiving our orders. We ask all clients on special medication that is RUNNING LOW to please call us so we can try to accommodate as best as possible. We will be limiting orders to an allocation of 6 weeks to a 2 month supply or roughly two products/packages per patient depending on packaging/sizing availability.
For ALL NOT URGENT orders please email us at email@example.com Please put ORDER in the subject line.
When your food/medication is ready for pick-up, the same rules as above apply. Payment over the phone, food/medication will be brought to your car or left at the front door.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.