THE ACTON VETERINARY CLINIC IS OPEN AND WE ARE OPERATING UNDER SOME RESTRICTIONS. PLEASE CALL THE CLINIC IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF VETERINARY CARE.
NEW HOURS DURING COVID-19 CRISIS:
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING. STAY WELL AND STAY SAFE!
PLEASE PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING WHEN APPROACHING OUR CLINIC
STAY 2 M. AWAY FROM THE DOOR, AND STAFF WILL COME OUT TO HELP YOU
We are open and exercising extreme sanitation, staff have full PPE and we ask that if you are sick or in self-quarantine, please avoid our clinic.
All appointments will be handled as a medical drop off appointments.
- No clients will be allowed inside the hospital. We will meet you 2 m. away at the front door or at your car to admit or discharge your pet.
- One of our Veterinary Technicians or Assistants will either help communicate the pre-appointment history at your car or on the telephone.
- Please remain available for consultation or additional treatment authorization by your cell phone.
- For surgeries and extended medical cases, you need not stay. We will call when the procedures are complete to arrange a discharge time. Discharge instructions will happen over the phone.
- All payments will need to be made by credit card on the telephone or by an Etransfer. We will not accept cash during this crisis.
- Physical examination findings will be communicated via telephone or email in the case of tele medicine.
Please call the clinic if you have any questions.
The government is continuing its gradual, stagged approach to reopeining Ontario, and is now starting to move certain communities from Stage 2 into Stage 3. At the Acton Verterinary Clinic, we continue to take a cautious approach to the re-opening of our clinic. As of today, the operations of the Acton Veterinary Clinic have not changed. Further updates will be provided in the weeks to come.
Our Vet Tech Victoria asks all of our clients the following questions:
“Have you or anyone that you have been in contact with had symptoms or tested positive for COVID? Have you or anyone that you are in contact with been in contact with a COVID positive person? Have you or anyone that you are in contact with been in contact with someone who has had contact with a COVID positive person?”
This may seem extreme (and repetitive), but we are working very hard to protect our clients and staff. Please consider COVID restrictions and exposures when making your appointment for your pet. We practice social distancing with PPE, and no clients can enter the building.
If you would like to hear Victoria rattle this off at lightning speed, just call the Acton Veterinary Clinic (519) 853-1450.
Due to unnecessary stockpiling, all veterinary clinics have been advised to implement a reasonable allocation policy for our clients' purchases to help flatten the curve of demand. Our suppliers are backlogged due to the higher volume of orders they have received. At this time, there will be delays receiving our orders. We ask all clients on special medication that is RUNNING LOW to please call us so we can try to accommodate as best as possible. We will be limiting orders to an allocation of 6 weeks to a 2 month supply or roughly two products/packages per patient depending on packaging/sizing availability.
For ALL NOT URGENT orders, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please put ORDER in the subject line.
When your food/medication is ready for pick-up, the same rules as above apply. Payment over the phone, food/medication will be left on the white tabel outside the clinic. Once staff are back inside, then approach the table.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.